Become a Corporate Member
The Southwest Minority Supplier Development Council welcomes all corporations interested in membership.
We assist our corporate members in diversifying their supplier diversity programs, certify minority businesses and connect both corporate members and MBES with opportunities for increased economic development, which results from collaborative initiatives. SMSDC’s Corporate Members spent more than $26 billion with minority businesses last year and represent more than 18 different industries. When corporations bring minority vendors into their supply chain, they gain a competitive advantage.
- Access to Benchmarking Plus, a process for corporations that seek to accelerate their supplier diversity initiatives based on real world experimentation. This two-year process takes your corporation from where it is today to where it needs to be in the future in order to engage minority businesses in a sustainable manner. This program is led by Johnson Controls, a world leader in supplier diversity.
- Access to NMSDC Central (national search of minority-owned businesses across the U.S.) and the SMSDC database
- Corporate networking events to exchange ideas from peer supplier diversity professionals for increasing minority spend
- Interactive corporate training to achieve your supplier diversity goals, and reporting your progress, success and numbers to your customers
- SMSDC assists corporations with the implementation of corporate supplier diversity plans
- One-on-one buyer training
- SMSDC will work with your company to set up sourcing events based upon project needs
- Exclusive access to SMSDC’s Quick Response Team (QRT), a one click service providing you with a list of certified suppliers within 24 hours.
To become a Corporate Member, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- Have an established or in the process of establishing a supplier diversity process
- Report aggregate dollar purchases from Council Certified MBEs annually
- Promote existing and future business opportunities to Council Certified MBEs
- Designate a representative point of contact
- Participate in the local Southwest MSDC activities
- Commit to an annual support level
How to Become a Corporate Member
Becoming a Corporate member is achieved by applying for membership via the SMSDC application or contacting staff member, Carol Thomas at email@example.com, 512.796.5517 and committing to engage in proactive supplier diversity efforts.